Hey, I’ve always grown up as an ashiest because my dad is extremally anti-religion and thinks it’s a fairytale that causes harm to others (because of the wars yk). so for most of my life I believed that. although I’ve recently gone through a hard time with my best friend from my childhood murdered and having to pull my gf out of suicide. due to this I thought id look more into religion and “find god” because that generally leads to a more peaceful life. I’ve decided to do a deep dive into Judaism due to my family ethnically being Dutch Jews who moved to Australia just before world war 2. just thought I’d share this and ask for any advice on finding god and peace. 🙂
Atheism to Judaism
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Simchas Torah and its Customs Including an Appendix from: R’ Chaim Zev Malinowitz Zt”l Celebrating Simchas Torah All Year Round
- Why does the Torah not condemn/address pedophilia?
- What did people on the Temple Mount do during the Yom Kippur Avodah?
- My rapist goes to my shul now. Need advice.
- For People Who Identified as Atheist and Became More Observant. How Do You Describe Yourself? Believer? Post-Atheist? God-Fearing Atheist?