Yom HaZikaron is a national remembrance day observed in Israel for all fallen soldiers who served in the IDF and civilian victims of hostilities. In Israel, everyone has a connection to this day, where it’s someone from their family, army unit, city or other area of their life. Our Israeli Shlicha worked very hard with other shlichas across the US create this Yom HaZikaron Virtual Museum for anyone who is interested to see what this day is like in Israel.
Yom HaZikaron Virtual Museum
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- TIL of Eliahu Itzkovitz, a Romanian Jew who witnessed a guard kill his family in a concentration camp. After the war, he enlisted in the same battalion of the French Foreign Legion as the guard and murdered him while deployed in present-day Vietnam.
- What is the Jewish understanding on the negative things in life ?
- Am I allowed to carry/transfer things on Shabat in a walled city?
- A brief list of Jews to cheer on at the Olympics
- why don’t more mikvot have a separate no appointment keilim mikvah?