This is a pretty specific request for advice. I am writing my bachelor’s thesis in film, with a Jungian perspective, and am looking for film suggestions in which a Jewish character either goes for a swim, attends mikvah or has a shower or similar (submersion film trope) and is emotionally transformed at the end of the film (or even better, not at all). Already seen the series Unorthodox. Also, as I am not able to read Hebrew, any advice on where to read a good academically accepted source on how one achieves redemption according to the Jewish faith would be very much appreciated. I know this is a very open question, but keep in mind it’s only for a bachelor thesis – and thanks again for any suggestion!
Yiddish or Jewish film with mikvah or rain sequence
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- In your own words, what does RAMBAM stand for? Both literally, and allegorically? What were his greatest teachings or most significant influence?
- "mom and daughter playing peek-a-boo oil painting"
- Where the Jews the only people God revealed the commandments to ?
- Does anyone have any books or knowledge about the origin of the Rappaport family?
- Why does God come across as selfish (- ie. the flood, the death of the first borns, killing those that worshiped the golden calf ? —-I mean no disrespect, simply asking (I love God)