My nearest Orthodox synagoge I believe is Ashkenazi. Makes sense since I live in England. Im just worried I will be judged because I’m a bit tanner than they are? I mean im from Kurdistan and Armenia. So I do look a bit “middle eastern” yet its hard to pin it down. Will this be a problem? Does anyone have any warnings beforehand i should be aware of? I am 100% sure I want to become Jewish and this is what I want. I just like to know how things will most likely be so I dont get any unwanted surprises.
Will i be accepted into a community regardless if I look a bit different?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Why does it feel like far left and far right are working together against the one thing they agree one? – Rally organizers, police deny coordinating with far-right extremists ahead of pro-Israel rally
- How bad is situation with antisemitism in the North AmericaEurope actually is?
- Are there still Jewish populations within Muslim majority countries?
- Swastika is found carved into an elevator at the State Department
- Maybe it is time to learn about the questionable authenticity of the zohar