I thought we had gotten past it. It looked like, at least where I was, in a progressive changing neighborhood that welcomed all, antisemitism was finally dead. People were accepting now. But in the last two months every holocaust remeberence day, every time someone said “Happy Hanukkah”, every Yom Kippur day off, every time a lesson was taught on the oppression of jews, as ignored in favor of dog whistling, slurs, and outright hatred of jews everywhere I look. It got me thinking if it will ever chnage. Even now, in the most socially progressive time in history, we’re still being treated like we control the world or we aren’t oppressed. Still being treated like shit. Will it ever change?
Will anything ever change
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- [Brand New] Nikkei Cuisine Kosher Restaurant in Midtown Manhattan: Sen Sakana • YeahThatsKosher
- How many Jews who entered the Holy Land were also witnesses to the ten plagues?
- learning portuguese pronunciation be like
- Why is the Devil frequently drawn with Semitic features? Has anyone noticed the when drawn Satan usually looks Semitic? Even more interesting when I looked back at old Nazi propaganda I see similar characteristics such as the large ears, elongated face, and prominent nose.
- Observing Shabbat for the first time