Because genetically we are Jewish and never claimed to have a Jewish soul. Why don’t they say, “you don’t have a Jewish soul” instead of “you’re not Jewish?”
Why do some Jews say that if only your father is Jewish, you’re not Jewish?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Darkmode and Sefaria survey don’t mix so well
- Is there a special prayer for Havdalah? (besides the wine blessing)
- Individuals and Small Groups in Jewish Resistance to the Holocaust | Jewish Book World
- A new portrait collection showcases 90 Holocaust survivors who lived long and full lives
- Beyond the Walls of the Synagogue: Prayer as a Virtue – The Lehrhaus