My rabbi believes in a literal interpretation of the Bible, as do many Orthodox Jews I’ve met. Why when I looked at a thread asking how Jews square away the concept of Neanderthals did everyone in the thread say matter-of-factly that Jews don’t have a literal interpretation like Christian’s
Why do I so many Jews on here say Jews aren’t “literal” about the Bible, when I personally know many that are?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Simchas Torah and its Customs Including an Appendix from: R’ Chaim Zev Malinowitz Zt”l Celebrating Simchas Torah All Year Round
- Why does the Torah not condemn/address pedophilia?
- What did people on the Temple Mount do during the Yom Kippur Avodah?
- My rapist goes to my shul now. Need advice.
- For People Who Identified as Atheist and Became More Observant. How Do You Describe Yourself? Believer? Post-Atheist? God-Fearing Atheist?