My rabbi said something a few weeks ago about how there was a commentator or rabbi or something who taught that the law is not that Jews should not think treif looks tasty, it’s that Jews should acknowledge that it looks tasty, but not eat it anyway. Anyone have any leads? I don’t even know what I would Google…
Who was the guy who said the thing about how it’s okay to want to eat treif, just not to eat it?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Darkmode and Sefaria survey don’t mix so well
- Is there a special prayer for Havdalah? (besides the wine blessing)
- Individuals and Small Groups in Jewish Resistance to the Holocaust | Jewish Book World
- A new portrait collection showcases 90 Holocaust survivors who lived long and full lives
- Beyond the Walls of the Synagogue: Prayer as a Virtue – The Lehrhaus