I’m a fairly uneducated jew, and this was brought up to me, but google searches aren’t really helping me. By “natural evils” i mean things like natural disasters, ie earthquakes and such, and illneses and cancers that sort of just seem to be acts of god and not caused by another person
What is our view on “natural evils” like natural disasters and illnesses like cancer?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- TIL of Eliahu Itzkovitz, a Romanian Jew who witnessed a guard kill his family in a concentration camp. After the war, he enlisted in the same battalion of the French Foreign Legion as the guard and murdered him while deployed in present-day Vietnam.
- What is the Jewish understanding on the negative things in life ?
- Am I allowed to carry/transfer things on Shabat in a walled city?
- A brief list of Jews to cheer on at the Olympics
- why don’t more mikvot have a separate no appointment keilim mikvah?