I believe that Hashem created the world, but not necessarily in six 24-hour stages. Are there any non-literal interpretations of the idea that Hashem rested on the 7th day? What would it even mean for Hashem to rest? Are we not also taught that He continously creates the world?
What does it mean that Hashem rested?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- dont let yourself be consumed by the hatred we receive
- "I don’t support the Israeli government but…"
- 250 percent rise in UK antisemitic incidents amid Israel-Palestine violence
- 13 May 1901, Witold Pilecki was born. In 1940 he volunteered to be captured by Nazis so he could collect intelligence on the Auschwitz Concentration Camp. He escaped in April 1943 and wrote a report about the crimes in the camp.
- Can someone help me translate this Hebrew pls?