Not sure if this is the right place for this, but anyways. i took an ancestry and it came back 30% jewish, idk i feel weird about saying genetic jewish or anything jewish at all. Im catholic i have all the ig stereotypical jewish features and im asked do i perm my hair am i mixed etc my whole life. So basically i dont feel right about it because it gets on my nerves when somebody mentions they have like 2% jewish ancestry so its been worrying me that any fraction of dna without actually being a practicing jew is annoying to mention or disrespectful and whatnot. Id just like your thoughts or suggestions if possible, thank you.
What do you think about the term "genetically jewish"
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- 129 nations ignore Jewish ties to Temple Mount, call it solely Muslim
- Can a Jewish person believe Muhammad was a prophet?
- Goyim question: If Jews don’t believe in an afterlife (or at the very least aren’t concerned with it), then what’s the purpose of keeping God’s commandments if it has no effect on the hereafter? Is it more out of a desire of keeping cultural traditions alive?
- Can some please explain this to me…?
- Looking for info on Jewish life before the Reform movement