Maybe this is dumb question, but in the Avodah, the Kohen Gadol is doing almost everything and the Mishnah says one of the miracles of the Beit Hamikdash was that there was barely any room to stand, but everyone had full room to prostrate. In general yes I know people were watching the Kohen do everything, they would listen to the Kohen Gadol’s Kriat HaTorah, and at times would respond to the Kohen’s utterance of HaShem’s true name. Aside from that, did people watching DO anything besides watching? There were no books so I can’t imagine any organized prayer, maybe personal prayers? Would appreciate any responses!
What did people on the Temple Mount do during the Yom Kippur Avodah?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Traveling to Israel for leisure after October 7
- Other Jews in the diaspora without many Jewish friends despite living in areas with Jews?
- To Jewish music albums and songs of all time?
- if Abraham is the father of all of the jews and that jews are native to israel/judea,what is this? (Genuine question,I’m not the religious type and I’d like to know more)
- Shabbat kids program ideas