Hi all! I was hoping you may be able to offer me some advice/assistance. One of my best friends has asked me to do a reading at her wedding but has left the choice of the content up to me. Her wedding is a Jewish/Christian ceremony and I wanted to do something that respected and honored both of those. I’ve done some research on Jewish love poems and the song Erev Shel Shoshanim keeps coming up. The lyrics are lovely and I’d like to incorportate them into my reading. Would it be disrespectful for me, as a Catholic, to recite the lyrics in Hebrew (I don’t speak Hebrew but I have a good ear for languages and lots of time to practice) or should I stick to English? Or should I not do anything like that at all? I am so honored that my friend asked me to be a part of her wedding and I want to make sure to make her proud. Thank you so much for any advice!
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Non-Profit ‘Eat Up the Borders’ Removes The One Israeli Vendor From Event
- This rabbi is joining the German army, 90 years after Hitler expelled Jewish soldiers
- Changing the Hebrew word "mimenu" which is "us" subject to the "them" object
- How do you guys feel about foreskin restoration (coming from a Jew interested in it)
- looking for resources to learn or maybe even convert