A while back a co-worker of mine noticed that our office hand sanitizer was looking pretty watery. My coworker, who I don’t really talk with because she’s known as being “”brutally honest”” commented, “is your bubbe going around and diluting our hand sanitizer?” I don’t call my gmas “bubbe”, I’ve never talked to her about them, it caught me by surprise and I was too confused to say anything before she walked away from my desk. it’s been on my mind lately and I don’t know how to feel. It’s certainly not the most malicious thing I’ve had directed at me because I’m Jewish but idk. I could always just let HR know that it happened without filing a complaint, in case something similar happens in the future. Should I let it go?
Was this antisemitism (or at least a microaggression) or am I being sensitive?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- In your own words, what does RAMBAM stand for? Both literally, and allegorically? What were his greatest teachings or most significant influence?
- "mom and daughter playing peek-a-boo oil painting"
- Where the Jews the only people God revealed the commandments to ?
- Does anyone have any books or knowledge about the origin of the Rappaport family?
- Why does God come across as selfish (- ie. the flood, the death of the first borns, killing those that worshiped the golden calf ? —-I mean no disrespect, simply asking (I love God)