I know someone who is a Orthodox Jew. He supports Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and argues it is just reparations for the Ukrainian people’s support of Bandera. This is an interesting perspective and I am curios how this conforms to Jewish scripture and Jewish law. He claims this idea is supported by Talmudic law but he refuses to explain why because he doesn’t feel comfortable with Non Jews and Non rabbis can’t read the Talmud. I think this is an ultra orthodox Jewish thing.
Thoughts on the war in Ukraine from the perspective of Jewish law and Scripture.
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- A 15th century copy of Rambam’s Mishneh Torah
- New Maccabeats Hanukkah Song
- Question about a rebuilt temple
- Festival cancels menorah lighting because they " didn’t want to be seen as supporting the killing/bombing of thousands of men, women, and children"
- Orthodox religiously, Conservative politically, Queer woman? (UK?)