I’m wondering about a situation of someone I met a few years ago who converted outside of any recognized movement, with 3 shomer Torah umitzvot witnesses, went to the mikvah etc. She also got married in a similar fashion. I’m sure this wouldn’t be recognized by any formal movement/governing body which has its own problems, but would it be in theory halachically valid? I found the whole thing so interesting but really strange, not sure how to feel about it.
Super independent conversions
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Half of US’s 25 most generous philanthropists are Jews. Few give to Jewish groups
- Quick question about a YouTube video about Judaism – (about atheists and polytheists)
- Last week there was one meat kosher restaurant in DC and suddenly now there are three!
- What are your favorite sources for parsha commentary?
- Spielberg’s ‘Fabelmans’ earns 7 Oscar nods, WWI epic with anti-Nazi past gets 9