I just need to have a better idea. I know in general that there was (has always been?) antisemitism in the Middle East, though it was generally much less prevalent than European antisemitism in Pre-Israel/Zionist times. I know about the Mawza Exile, but that’s about it. What else was there? What was it like to be Jewish in majority Muslim nations before Israel?
Specific instances of antisemitism in the Middle East pre-Israel?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Me watching the calendar like
- There are three prayers a day right? So can someone please explain how to configure this list so I can start those daily prayers?
- Version 2.0 of my Jewish communities Iceberg chart (based on regions more than edots in for the most part) at the top are the more well known groups and at the bottom the more obscure ones
- Is the Orange M&M Jewish? An Investigation.
- Christian adoption agency uses new “religious freedom” to deny service to straight Jewish couple. The law was intended to allow Christian foster and adoption agencies to discriminate against LGBTQ couples.