Hi everyone. My grandmother is in hospice and I’m flying back to my family to be with her and help. I’m wondering, when she does pass, how do I juggle sitting shiva with going through all of her stuff and helping with things that need to be done. I’m not really familiar with all that sitting shiva entails and I have limited time to be home. I know you’re not supposed to leave the house and do things for the most part, but I don’t know if I’ll have time to properly sit shiva and also help my family with her things. I would really appreciate anyone’s advice, on this issue and customs of sitting shiva in general. Thank you!
Sitting shiva and going through loved ones stuff
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- I’m celebrating Hanukkah myself this year
- What does this Hebrew say?
- We Asked 5000 Rabbis About Kanye West
- I don’t have space for a full kosher kitchen (two of everything) what should I do?
- Came across this YouTube short. Isn’t the Mitzvah Moose part of Mensch On a Bench? And the creator of Mensch on a Bench Jewish?