I’m a jew who grew up believing in g-d but not knowing much about my religion. I’m now 17 and I am interested in wearing a kippah for reigious purposes. I feel since if would be on my head it would just remind me to control any bad things I would do. Knowing that it’s on my head would remind me that g-d is watching me. The only negative to it is I dont know a ton about jewish religion, and I feel like most people who wear it know a lot. So what should I do?
Should I wear a kippah?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- In your own words, what does RAMBAM stand for? Both literally, and allegorically? What were his greatest teachings or most significant influence?
- "mom and daughter playing peek-a-boo oil painting"
- Where the Jews the only people God revealed the commandments to ?
- Does anyone have any books or knowledge about the origin of the Rappaport family?
- Why does God come across as selfish (- ie. the flood, the death of the first borns, killing those that worshiped the golden calf ? —-I mean no disrespect, simply asking (I love God)