In my own opinion I believe Shabbat is the most important holiday in Judaism. Here is my reasoning: 1. It happens every week. 2. It is what brings Jewish families together. 3. It gives us a break from all the work we do. 4. Let’s eat is basically a slogan of our religion. 5. The people who designed the modern Jewish/Hebrew Calendar made sure Yom Kippur would not neighbor Shabbat. 6. More stuff I can’t think of right now.
Shabbat is the most important holiday
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- dont let yourself be consumed by the hatred we receive
- "I don’t support the Israeli government but…"
- 250 percent rise in UK antisemitic incidents amid Israel-Palestine violence
- 13 May 1901, Witold Pilecki was born. In 1940 he volunteered to be captured by Nazis so he could collect intelligence on the Auschwitz Concentration Camp. He escaped in April 1943 and wrote a report about the crimes in the camp.
- Can someone help me translate this Hebrew pls?