In my own opinion I believe Shabbat is the most important holiday in Judaism. Here is my reasoning: 1. It happens every week. 2. It is what brings Jewish families together. 3. It gives us a break from all the work we do. 4. Let’s eat is basically a slogan of our religion. 5. The people who designed the modern Jewish/Hebrew Calendar made sure Yom Kippur would not neighbor Shabbat. 6. More stuff I can’t think of right now.
Shabbat is the most important holiday
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- TIL of Eliahu Itzkovitz, a Romanian Jew who witnessed a guard kill his family in a concentration camp. After the war, he enlisted in the same battalion of the French Foreign Legion as the guard and murdered him while deployed in present-day Vietnam.
- What is the Jewish understanding on the negative things in life ?
- Am I allowed to carry/transfer things on Shabat in a walled city?
- A brief list of Jews to cheer on at the Olympics
- why don’t more mikvot have a separate no appointment keilim mikvah?