Is it possible to light Shabbat candles at home but also go to services Friday evening? If you go to services, by the time you come home it’s already Shabbat, right? So how do people light candles and also go to services? I assume Orthodox Jews light candles at home but don’t they also go to services on Friday evening? If someone could help me understand I would really appreciate it. I’ve been going to services but I also want to light candles at home lol, so wouldn’t it be one or the other?
Shabbat candles question
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Simchas Torah and its Customs Including an Appendix from: R’ Chaim Zev Malinowitz Zt”l Celebrating Simchas Torah All Year Round
- Why does the Torah not condemn/address pedophilia?
- What did people on the Temple Mount do during the Yom Kippur Avodah?
- My rapist goes to my shul now. Need advice.
- For People Who Identified as Atheist and Became More Observant. How Do You Describe Yourself? Believer? Post-Atheist? God-Fearing Atheist?