Forgive me if my flair is incorrect. I’d love to connect with fellow Romaniote Jews. My family is from Ioannina, Greece and Gallipoli, Turkey. My parents both went to the same Sephardic shul growing up, but I was brought up in a conservadox ashkenazi shul. I missed out on a lot of traditions outside of my home since our shul was ashkenazi. I’d love to hear about the foods you eat and the holiday traditions in your families.
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- TIL of Eliahu Itzkovitz, a Romanian Jew who witnessed a guard kill his family in a concentration camp. After the war, he enlisted in the same battalion of the French Foreign Legion as the guard and murdered him while deployed in present-day Vietnam.
- What is the Jewish understanding on the negative things in life ?
- Am I allowed to carry/transfer things on Shabat in a walled city?
- A brief list of Jews to cheer on at the Olympics
- why don’t more mikvot have a separate no appointment keilim mikvah?