Forgive me if my flair is incorrect. I’d love to connect with fellow Romaniote Jews. My family is from Ioannina, Greece and Gallipoli, Turkey. My parents both went to the same Sephardic shul growing up, but I was brought up in a conservadox ashkenazi shul. I missed out on a lot of traditions outside of my home since our shul was ashkenazi. I’d love to hear about the foods you eat and the holiday traditions in your families.
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- dont let yourself be consumed by the hatred we receive
- "I don’t support the Israeli government but…"
- 250 percent rise in UK antisemitic incidents amid Israel-Palestine violence
- 13 May 1901, Witold Pilecki was born. In 1940 he volunteered to be captured by Nazis so he could collect intelligence on the Auschwitz Concentration Camp. He escaped in April 1943 and wrote a report about the crimes in the camp.
- Can someone help me translate this Hebrew pls?