I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but I’m having a hard answer finding a specific answer online. When someone converts (into an Orthadox community) must they wear the only the black suits which are commonly seen in ultra-orthodox/Hasidic communities? Or are they free to dress how they choose (provided the clothing is modest and inoffensive)
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- [Brand New] Nikkei Cuisine Kosher Restaurant in Midtown Manhattan: Sen Sakana • YeahThatsKosher
- How many Jews who entered the Holy Land were also witnesses to the ten plagues?
- learning portuguese pronunciation be like
- Why is the Devil frequently drawn with Semitic features? Has anyone noticed the when drawn Satan usually looks Semitic? Even more interesting when I looked back at old Nazi propaganda I see similar characteristics such as the large ears, elongated face, and prominent nose.
- Observing Shabbat for the first time