Hello!! I somewhat recently discovered that my grandmother is Jewish, and that she has hidden that aspect of her identify for quite some time. I would like to learn more about my personal relationship to Judaism- where should I start? It is my understanding that I would not be considered Jewish (it is my father’s mother), but I would still like to learn more about my ancestry and I am upset at the erasure of this aspect of my identity. Thank you!
Reconnecting with lost heritage
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Does one have to believe in a higher power to be a Jew?
- I wouldn’t know what to think if Moshiach (חס ושלום) isn’t here by 6000
- Here’s an answer to Netflix UnOrthodox: Berel Solomon on Instagram: “Orthodoxed is a docuseries about Berel Solomon’s journey from drug dealer and ‘prince of the night club business’ to Orthodox Jew. The…”
- Looking for advice/tips on researching family history (Australian Convict with German/Polish Jewish background)
- Is it customary to give gifts to those helping with bat mitzvah?