For context, I have an online friend who’s from a country in Africa where there’s hardly any Jews. Just recently I tried explaining that anti semitism isn’t just merely stating that you hate Jews by showing him this cartoon I found. In case the Wikipedia page wasn’t clear enough the show is based on anti Semitic texts based on the The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, I believe the show also depicts Jews as people who think non Jews are inferior, I wouldn’t be surprised if the blood libel was referenced. Anyway, my friend thinks that stating that Jews are plotting something isn’t anti Semitic, if not Jews would find this show funny or be understanding of the message. How would I explain to someone who hardly interacts with Jews that this is anti Semitic?
Other fellow Jews would you classify this tv show as anti Semitic? (Proving a point to a friend)
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- [Brand New] Nikkei Cuisine Kosher Restaurant in Midtown Manhattan: Sen Sakana • YeahThatsKosher
- How many Jews who entered the Holy Land were also witnesses to the ten plagues?
- learning portuguese pronunciation be like
- Why is the Devil frequently drawn with Semitic features? Has anyone noticed the when drawn Satan usually looks Semitic? Even more interesting when I looked back at old Nazi propaganda I see similar characteristics such as the large ears, elongated face, and prominent nose.
- Observing Shabbat for the first time