Is there anything that would exclude someone from receiving an honor at a Bris? For example, our orthodox rabbi told us that only someone who is shomrei shabbos could sign our ketubah. Our close families and friends are secular, and so we had no one to sign. The rabbi and cantor ended up signing it for us. Is there anything like this for a bris?
Orthodox Judaism- who may be honored at a Bris?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- [Brand New] Nikkei Cuisine Kosher Restaurant in Midtown Manhattan: Sen Sakana • YeahThatsKosher
- How many Jews who entered the Holy Land were also witnesses to the ten plagues?
- learning portuguese pronunciation be like
- Why is the Devil frequently drawn with Semitic features? Has anyone noticed the when drawn Satan usually looks Semitic? Even more interesting when I looked back at old Nazi propaganda I see similar characteristics such as the large ears, elongated face, and prominent nose.
- Observing Shabbat for the first time