Both my mother and father are ashkenazi jews but were raised secular, know nothing about judaism or jewish history. Both me and my parents and my grandparents were raised like gentiles so im not entirely sure if im truly jewish. Ive wanted to become observant but im not entirely sure how to. I was not raised or affiliated with any jewish community growing up. I have spent the past 1/2 years diligently learning about judaism and jewish culture to try and catch up but im unsure on how to take the next step to becoming officially part of the jewish community. I dont have a synagogue in my town, only a chabad house. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Not entirely sure if im jewish or not.
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- I’m celebrating Hanukkah myself this year
- What does this Hebrew say?
- We Asked 5000 Rabbis About Kanye West
- I don’t have space for a full kosher kitchen (two of everything) what should I do?
- Came across this YouTube short. Isn’t the Mitzvah Moose part of Mensch On a Bench? And the creator of Mensch on a Bench Jewish?