My dad is a legit flat earther, which is awful enough, but he also believes QAnon, believes Reptillians are running the world, and he’s super racist. I haven’t spoken to him in years because of this (and also cause he’s an abusive prick) and it just hit me that since he stalks me on social media, he’s someday going to find out that I’m converting to Judaism. He may fully disown me. I don’t know. I’m not sure that I entirely care. I know we’re commanded to honor our mother and father, but what if they’re not worth honor? I just feel really conflicted. I haven’t even told my mother yet because I’m afraid she’s going to turn out antisemitic. I just wish I had a full family I could be open with and that I could share this journey with.
My dad is an anti Semitic conspiracy theorist and he’s gonna have a field day when he finds out I’m converting to Judaism
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Why does it feel like far left and far right are working together against the one thing they agree one? – Rally organizers, police deny coordinating with far-right extremists ahead of pro-Israel rally
- How bad is situation with antisemitism in the North AmericaEurope actually is?
- Are there still Jewish populations within Muslim majority countries?
- Swastika is found carved into an elevator at the State Department
- Maybe it is time to learn about the questionable authenticity of the zohar