So I’m an Orthodox Jew guy. I decided to get my nails done cause I wanted to. I was met with a lot of nasty comments. Which is one thing, but then I wanted to know if there’s anything against specifically against a man getting nail polish put on them in the Torah or if it’s just people being rude. I was told it might fall under Beged Isha. I guess my question is is that true? Like am I being a bad Jew by getting a manicure. I struggle with a lot of these old laws cause I feel like we as a society have progressed. But then we have these laws punishing anyone being different. So I guess I just want some help.
Men getting their nails done?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Why does it feel like far left and far right are working together against the one thing they agree one? – Rally organizers, police deny coordinating with far-right extremists ahead of pro-Israel rally
- How bad is situation with antisemitism in the North AmericaEurope actually is?
- Are there still Jewish populations within Muslim majority countries?
- Swastika is found carved into an elevator at the State Department
- Maybe it is time to learn about the questionable authenticity of the zohar