I’m not sure if this is the right place for this but I live in NYC and over a year ago I began to consider pursuing conversion. I started attending services at a local synagogue and have reached a level of observance but when covid hit services were moved to zoom and I felt like I was left to learn on my own. During that time I moved to the Upper East Side (90th st.) away from the community that I was familiar with and where I don’t really know anybody outside of my roommates circle of friends (all non-jews). I have decided that I do want to pursue conversion (modern orthodox) but I am trying to find somewhere welcoming and find a rabbi to help me with it. I’ve reached out to rabbis in the area and have received no responses and I’m just feeling frustrated. Any help is appreciated.
Looking for help with conversion
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- dont let yourself be consumed by the hatred we receive
- "I don’t support the Israeli government but…"
- 250 percent rise in UK antisemitic incidents amid Israel-Palestine violence
- 13 May 1901, Witold Pilecki was born. In 1940 he volunteered to be captured by Nazis so he could collect intelligence on the Auschwitz Concentration Camp. He escaped in April 1943 and wrote a report about the crimes in the camp.
- Can someone help me translate this Hebrew pls?