I’m not sure if this is the right place for this but I live in NYC and over a year ago I began to consider pursuing conversion. I started attending services at a local synagogue and have reached a level of observance but when covid hit services were moved to zoom and I felt like I was left to learn on my own. During that time I moved to the Upper East Side (90th st.) away from the community that I was familiar with and where I don’t really know anybody outside of my roommates circle of friends (all non-jews). I have decided that I do want to pursue conversion (modern orthodox) but I am trying to find somewhere welcoming and find a rabbi to help me with it. I’ve reached out to rabbis in the area and have received no responses and I’m just feeling frustrated. Any help is appreciated.
Looking for help with conversion
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- TIL of Eliahu Itzkovitz, a Romanian Jew who witnessed a guard kill his family in a concentration camp. After the war, he enlisted in the same battalion of the French Foreign Legion as the guard and murdered him while deployed in present-day Vietnam.
- What is the Jewish understanding on the negative things in life ?
- Am I allowed to carry/transfer things on Shabat in a walled city?
- A brief list of Jews to cheer on at the Olympics
- why don’t more mikvot have a separate no appointment keilim mikvah?