I don’t typically talk open about religion because I come from a red Midwest state but I recently posted a quick post on FB saying if anyone supports Kanye to remove me. My boyfriend (who knows about my background and aligns with me virtually on everything) well his dad made a comment saying “Are you sure about that?” His dad is a radical right winger and has made comments against Muslims, LGBTQ, etc and now I definitely don’t feel comfortable seeing him. I put up with him because he’s my boyfriends dad but this was the final straw. When I brought it up to my boyfriend he fell silent and hasn’t talked to me for the past 2 hours. I’m worried he’s upset because I spoke out against his dad.
Looking for advice/support
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Half of US’s 25 most generous philanthropists are Jews. Few give to Jewish groups
- Quick question about a YouTube video about Judaism – (about atheists and polytheists)
- Last week there was one meat kosher restaurant in DC and suddenly now there are three!
- What are your favorite sources for parsha commentary?
- Spielberg’s ‘Fabelmans’ earns 7 Oscar nods, WWI epic with anti-Nazi past gets 9