My husband is Sephardi, but didn’t grow up keeping kosher. We were talking about sushi, as I’d recently been to a new place with my sister, and he was asking if eating roe is kosher. I thought yes if it’s from a kosher fish, like salmon roe, but then he asked how that’s not breaking the whole milk and meat rule because he’s heard the phrase “you shouldn’t cook a baby in its mother’s milk.” Does the question make sense? 🙃🙃
Kosher sushi question
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Half of US’s 25 most generous philanthropists are Jews. Few give to Jewish groups
- Quick question about a YouTube video about Judaism – (about atheists and polytheists)
- Last week there was one meat kosher restaurant in DC and suddenly now there are three!
- What are your favorite sources for parsha commentary?
- Spielberg’s ‘Fabelmans’ earns 7 Oscar nods, WWI epic with anti-Nazi past gets 9