My Jewish aunt and uncle from out of state are staying with us for Christmas. My Aunt grew up Christian and still does Christmasy stuff with family and their toddler son. But this year, since Hanukkah falls on Christmas, we are excited for them to share some of their traditions with us and our 3 year old son. My question is, would it be appropriate/appreciated for us to buy a menorah and set up an area in our house for hanukkah decorations?
Jewish relatives staying for Christmas question
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- After turndown by North America, did Jewish refugee ships try to secretly beach and live somewhere uninhabited?
- what are good arguments for god?
- London synagogue sold to Muslim group tied to antisemitic figures
- DNA Test Says I’m not Jewish but…
- How the ancient Jewish ‘new year for trees’ became an Israeli celebration of nature