To preface, I am not Jewish, but I have a deep interest in the theology of Abrahamic faiths. I am working on a piece of writing about Jephthah from the book of Judges, but I must admit I am not an expert in Jewish history. I can assume but I would like to be sure, would Jephthah have knowledge of the binding of Isaac. Was this event in Abraham’s life well documented at the time? I am trying to write a piece around the time where Jephthah returns home and is “forced” to keep his vow to The Almighty (I’m aware it is taboo to mention his name but not sure what exactly to mention him as other than The Almighty) and sacrifice his daughter. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Jephthah and Abraham
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- I’m celebrating Hanukkah myself this year
- What does this Hebrew say?
- We Asked 5000 Rabbis About Kanye West
- I don’t have space for a full kosher kitchen (two of everything) what should I do?
- Came across this YouTube short. Isn’t the Mitzvah Moose part of Mensch On a Bench? And the creator of Mensch on a Bench Jewish?