We have a GE oven that has a sabbath mode that inactivates the door light, beeping, and display changes. It also delays any changes to temperature by a random amount of time but I thought you’re not technically supposed to change the temperature at all on Shabbat. Is this actually a Yom Tov mode, or is it ok to use on Shabbat too?
Is Sabbath mode on ovens really kosher to use on Shabbat?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Simchas Torah and its Customs Including an Appendix from: R’ Chaim Zev Malinowitz Zt”l Celebrating Simchas Torah All Year Round
- Why does the Torah not condemn/address pedophilia?
- What did people on the Temple Mount do during the Yom Kippur Avodah?
- My rapist goes to my shul now. Need advice.
- For People Who Identified as Atheist and Became More Observant. How Do You Describe Yourself? Believer? Post-Atheist? God-Fearing Atheist?