I can’t remember where, but I have a faint memory that may or may not have been real of reading something in the Mishnah saying to not read scriptures from religions that practice avodah zara so is it wrong that I do this given that I don’t have an intention to stop being Jewish?
Is it theologically problematic that I often read Hindu, Christian, and Buddhist scripture and talk to people from these religions about their beliefs?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Does one have to believe in a higher power to be a Jew?
- I wouldn’t know what to think if Moshiach (חס ושלום) isn’t here by 6000
- Here’s an answer to Netflix UnOrthodox: Berel Solomon on Instagram: “Orthodoxed is a docuseries about Berel Solomon’s journey from drug dealer and ‘prince of the night club business’ to Orthodox Jew. The…”
- Looking for advice/tips on researching family history (Australian Convict with German/Polish Jewish background)
- Is it customary to give gifts to those helping with bat mitzvah?