Hi, I’m Jewish ethnically on my moms side and recently decided to start seriously practicing Judaism. I’m a teenager and my family dosent really practice Judaism, so I never had a bar mitzvah. Despite that I want to start wearing the kippah. So would it be disrespectful if I wore it? I’m sorry if this sounds silly I just thought I’d ask
Is it disrespectful for me to wear the kippah if I didn’t had my bar mitzvah?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Simchas Torah and its Customs Including an Appendix from: R’ Chaim Zev Malinowitz Zt”l Celebrating Simchas Torah All Year Round
- Why does the Torah not condemn/address pedophilia?
- What did people on the Temple Mount do during the Yom Kippur Avodah?
- My rapist goes to my shul now. Need advice.
- For People Who Identified as Atheist and Became More Observant. How Do You Describe Yourself? Believer? Post-Atheist? God-Fearing Atheist?