My husband and I are expecting a baby boy next month. We are planning a bris but want to make it a bit less traditional than a lot of the guides/outlines I’ve found. I converted, so my family is not Jewish, and we don’t have a Jewish male to be the sandek. I’m also not sure who we’d appoint as the kvatter/kvatterin. Does anyone have a good interfaith ceremony guide to a bris? Or any resources you’d recommend? Our mohel is reform but didn’t have a lot of recommendations for the personalized ceremony aspect.
Inclusive Brit Milah
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Parshat Ki Tisa: How Can We Navigate Disappointment with Positivity?
- Jewish UC Santa Barbara students fear for safety after antisemitic signs appear on campus
- Abandoned Jewish Family Mansion/Everything Left Behind Due To Electrical Fire!!
- Ohel David Synagogue in Pune, India, one of the oldest in the country dating back to 1867
- Chabad question – is it weird that I bought a brown/olive colored hat instead of traditional black?