I have never understood the practicalities of having a kosher diet, so I did not emphasize it much. However, as I look to incorporate more Judaism into my life, I ask what keeping kosher means to you more than just it being a Jewish tradition.
Importance of keeping kosher
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Mitzvah for Helping Jews Return to the Faith
- A question for Orthodox & Conservative Jews, does it make you sad to see so many of your fellow Jews are usually very secular?
- Meteor with the force of a nuclear weapon 3600 years ago destroyed ancient city, likely inspired Bible tale of Sodom, study finds
- How do I begin studying Judaism?
- How does anyone determine whether they’re Ashkenazi or Sephardi if they come from a mixed background?