I hope this is the right place for this and if not I’m sorry !! I don’t know how I should start this but basically my father is Muslim and my mother is Christian so I was already the product of a confusing mix of religions but for the past couple of years I’ve been really interested in Judaism and have started to consider converting. But converting is a long journey that I have to be very dedicated to but I just feel bad about it and worry about making a mistake, I haven’t ever felt personally connected to Christianity but I have been connected to Islam I just don’t agree with it fully but I’m East African it’s deeply ingrained in my culture and I love my culture and I feel like I wouldn’t be considered Jewish enough if I did convert because I can’t just get rid of my East African roots or traditions. I feel like I wouldn’t have a community to help guide or support me and like I’d stick out like a sore thumb so I’m just confused right now. Can anyone offer advice or even just Jewish creators who talk about Judaism so I can do some of my own research?
I am interested in Judaism but I feel bad and confused?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- In your own words, what does RAMBAM stand for? Both literally, and allegorically? What were his greatest teachings or most significant influence?
- "mom and daughter playing peek-a-boo oil painting"
- Where the Jews the only people God revealed the commandments to ?
- Does anyone have any books or knowledge about the origin of the Rappaport family?
- Why does God come across as selfish (- ie. the flood, the death of the first borns, killing those that worshiped the golden calf ? —-I mean no disrespect, simply asking (I love God)