Hi everyone! I’m preparing to move away for college next month. I’m an immigrant from Israel, though I came to the US when I was fairly young so I’m not new, so it’s important for me to find a comforting Jewish community wherever I go. I’ve talked to a friend recently and I just remembered that I should also look for a way to fulfill that in my college campus area. My college is in Baltimore and I am completely unfamiliar with the area and have no relatives anywhere close really. So, if anyone has any experience with the Baltimore Jewish community, what is there in the area to get maybe involved in it? Thanks!
How is the Jewish community in Baltimore?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- After the mass expulsion of Spanish Jews in 1492, many Sephardi exiles escaped to the Islamic world, while others settled in Christian Europe. What kind of contact existed between early modern Sephardi communities on opposite sides of the Mediterranean?
- What is the best talmud to get?
- Current atheist that is thinking about converting to Judaism
- The framework of my Sukkah is made of plastic. Can the Skhach rest directly on the plastic, or must there be something in between, if so what?
- Former US Representative Ted Deutch takes office as the new CEO of the American Jewish Committee