I wanted to know if you study it in a specific order. For example, I’ve heard that children start out with Vayikra. Do you often have additional readings apart from the weekly Torah portion and the corresponding haftarah? Because in that way you cover a big portion of the Tanakh, but not the whole thing.
How do you read the Tanakh outside of Shabbat service?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- 129 nations ignore Jewish ties to Temple Mount, call it solely Muslim
- Can a Jewish person believe Muhammad was a prophet?
- Goyim question: If Jews don’t believe in an afterlife (or at the very least aren’t concerned with it), then what’s the purpose of keeping God’s commandments if it has no effect on the hereafter? Is it more out of a desire of keeping cultural traditions alive?
- Can some please explain this to me…?
- Looking for info on Jewish life before the Reform movement