This is something I’ve been struggling with for years as my Hebrew is borderline non-existent and it always felt wrong intuitively to pray in English. To other monolingual English speakers, how do you get around this problem?
How do I maintain kavanah when I’m davening given that I have no idea what I’m saying?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Non-Profit ‘Eat Up the Borders’ Removes The One Israeli Vendor From Event
- This rabbi is joining the German army, 90 years after Hitler expelled Jewish soldiers
- Changing the Hebrew word "mimenu" which is "us" subject to the "them" object
- How do you guys feel about foreskin restoration (coming from a Jew interested in it)
- looking for resources to learn or maybe even convert