Not only is this based on a fallacious conclusion from Gensis 22:20, how could they think to insult one of the patriarchs with such an abominable sin as marrying and consummating it with a 3 year old girl, and saying it’s legal in general?!
How could Rashi and other prominent rabbis even think that Isaac married Rebecca when she was 3 years old?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- [Brand New] Nikkei Cuisine Kosher Restaurant in Midtown Manhattan: Sen Sakana • YeahThatsKosher
- How many Jews who entered the Holy Land were also witnesses to the ten plagues?
- learning portuguese pronunciation be like
- Why is the Devil frequently drawn with Semitic features? Has anyone noticed the when drawn Satan usually looks Semitic? Even more interesting when I looked back at old Nazi propaganda I see similar characteristics such as the large ears, elongated face, and prominent nose.
- Observing Shabbat for the first time