I would like to continue observing Shabbat but I work on Friday nights and Saturdays at my new job. Short of quitting, how do I accomplish this? Should I light my shabbat candles and pray late on Friday night when I get home from work and maybe get up early on Saturday to study the Torah before work, or should I observe Shabbat on the days that I do have off (Sunday and Monday) and not worry about keeping Shabbat on specific days? Or am I missing the whole point of Shabbat by trying to find a compromise? I need the money from this job but I skipped Shabbat last week as well as tonight and feel in a funk about it.
How can I observe Shabbat when I work on Fridays and Saturdays?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Can ashkenazi man join sephardic community and change his customs?
- Is there a greater way to elevate the soul before Shabbat?
- Is being anti zionist antisemitism?
- Saw this video of Eicha being sung and it inspired to observe Tisha B’ Av in Jerusalem. Does anyone know where exactly this is (I’m guessing Arab quarter of Jerusalem)? Does the singing sound the same at the Kotel (sorry if it’s a dumb question)
- Parshat Chukat Nothing Personal | The Gila Way