This post was removed over at r/Jewish because a few people misunderstood my intent.
I am being very clear here:
- I am Jewish born and raised
- This is a serious question
- I do not mean to offend
- This is not a troll post
- This is not meant to bring any animosity against the Jewish people
- This is not meant to endanger the Jewish people in any way
- I am not referring to a blood sacrifice
Please let me know if this:
- Is an antiquated practice
- Was a one-time event in history
- The mezuzah takes the place of this practice
- Is practice from another religion
- Can be explained through a historical context
- Is completely the wrong idea and if I have been misled to believe it ever happened
Be kind. Be civil. Explain. Do not flame. I mean no harm. I am not a troll.
Question Status: RESOLVED
Thank you everyone!