I’m c verting (hoping to skip the automod) and I picked the wrong Rabbi to work with. My synagogue has two Rabbis. I chose the other because we had one thing in common that I thought was important, but it barely matters. He barely acknowledges me outside of our meetings and our meetings always feel tense. The other Rabbi goes out of his way to talk to me and always lets me know he’s glad I’m there. He even lent me a book of religious studies that was gifted to him. I’d rather work with him.
But I’m unsure how to go about this. Should I:
Tell Rabbi 1 I’d like to continue with Rabbi 2 and then ask Rabbi 2 if he’s available (I think this is best- I’d be willing to wait until he’s available if that’s what it takes)?
Ask Rabbi 2 if I could switch and then let Rabbi 1 know I’ve decided to switch (this seems a little mean)
I can be conflict avoidant sometimes. I just don’t want to make too many waves because it’s a small congregation and I’ll still see Rabbi 1 often. I’m not sure if he’s the type to hold a grudge lol