Hi, I’m a historian of American Orthodoxy and Jewish gender history. I have a PhD from NYU where I wrote about the history of Bais Yaakov in America, combining my interests in American Jewish history, history of education, gender history, girl culture, and history of childhood. I’m currently working on a book on the culture and development of Bais Yaakov schools in America. I have worked in Orthodox women’s education for almost twenty years, currently as the dean of an Orthodox women’s college. I have been involved in advocacy efforts within the Orthodox community, mostly related to gender issues, and have written on various contemporary topics (for more, see my website lesliegklein.com). I’m also an amateur singer-songwriter and host open mic nights for women. AMA!
Hello, I’m Leslie Ginsparg Klein. AMA!
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- In your own words, what does RAMBAM stand for? Both literally, and allegorically? What were his greatest teachings or most significant influence?
- "mom and daughter playing peek-a-boo oil painting"
- Where the Jews the only people God revealed the commandments to ?
- Does anyone have any books or knowledge about the origin of the Rappaport family?
- Why does God come across as selfish (- ie. the flood, the death of the first borns, killing those that worshiped the golden calf ? —-I mean no disrespect, simply asking (I love God)