From what I can tell, the Babylonian exile primarily affected the Jewish elite, while the Roman exile primarily affected Jerusalem. So have Jews ever been fully exiled from the Land of Israel, or has there always been at least one Jewish community somewhere in the Holy Land?
Has there always been a Jewish community in Eretz Israel?
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Can ashkenazi man join sephardic community and change his customs?
- Is there a greater way to elevate the soul before Shabbat?
- Is being anti zionist antisemitism?
- Saw this video of Eicha being sung and it inspired to observe Tisha B’ Av in Jerusalem. Does anyone know where exactly this is (I’m guessing Arab quarter of Jerusalem)? Does the singing sound the same at the Kotel (sorry if it’s a dumb question)
- Parshat Chukat Nothing Personal | The Gila Way