This is in reference to a post I just saw about tichels for longer hair that brought a question to my mind. Is there halacha in reference to the tichel? Does it need to be made of specific fabrics? Tied a certain way? Cover the hair/head a certain way? I have seen some beautiful tichels/wraps/headscarves/babushkas and I wonder what our scholars have to say about it. If anything at all. And then wigs! Some women wear wigs over their hair or shave their head! What are the rules?
Halacha of the tichel.
More from r/JudaismMore posts in r/Judaism »
- Half of US’s 25 most generous philanthropists are Jews. Few give to Jewish groups
- Quick question about a YouTube video about Judaism – (about atheists and polytheists)
- Last week there was one meat kosher restaurant in DC and suddenly now there are three!
- What are your favorite sources for parsha commentary?
- Spielberg’s ‘Fabelmans’ earns 7 Oscar nods, WWI epic with anti-Nazi past gets 9